How to view the lease contract and how to accept and document it through the electronic rental platform, where the Saudi government launched this platform to conduct legal contracts electronically in order to allow the lessor and the lessee to conclude a contract that allows the latter to use the leased property for a specific purpose mentioned in the contract, according to a set of conditions and controls necessary to preserve the rights of both The two parties, and the reference site is keen to answer how the lease contract was viewed, the method of registering a new user in Lease 1443 with a mention of the method of acceptance and how to document it, and all other important relevant information.
- 1 rental platform
- 2 standard lease agreement
- 3 How to register in the rental program
- 4 How do I view the lease contract?
- 5 Steps to make an electronic rental contract through the Absher 1443 system
- 6 How to inquire about a rental application
- 7 Documentation of the rental contract electronically 1443
- 8 How to print an electronic lease contract for the landlord or tenant
- 9 Unilateral cancellation of a lease
- 10 When does the lease agreement between the landlord and tenant expire?
- 11 Is it permissible for the tenant to modify the property or the leased property?
- 12 Download the rental application
- 13 How to contact the rental program
- 14 ejar.sa program link
The rental platform, is an integrated electronic network that aims to regulate the real estate rental sector in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia and preserve the rights of the parties to the rental process, who are “the tenant, the lessor, the real estate broker”. It offers a set of electronic solutions that contribute to the development, regulation and facilitation of the real estate rental sector, to achieve balance in the sector and enhance confidence in it, and contribute to stimulating investment in it. This is done through a unified rental contract, specifying the obligations owed by each party, as it is characterized by flexibility and smoothness, which achieves the objectives of all parties and preserves their rights, meets their needs, saves them from manipulating rental prices, and rebuilds trust between the owner and the tenant.
standard lease agreement
The unified lease contract is an electronic contract that contains the contract data, the data of the lessor and the tenant, the real estate broker, the real estate facility, and the title deeds. It also contains the data of the rental property, and it includes the financial details to be paid by the tenant, the payment schedule, and all the obligations that are due on the All parties, and the standard lease agreement aims at some goals, including:
- Documenting rental contracts electronically.
- Preserving the rights of the rental operation parties.
- Reducing rent related issues.
- Drafting standard rental contracts to prevent problems arising from the rental process.
- Improving the rental sector and raising its local contribution.
The Ministry of Housing has approved several clauses that must be adhered to in the standard tenancy contract, which include the obligations of the tenant, the obligations of the landlord, eviction of the unit, and the termination of the contract. The most prominent of these clauses are the following:
- Tenant’s obligations: The tenant is obligated to pay all bills of electricity or water in the rental units throughout the contract period, in accordance with Article 3 of the standard rental contract.
- It also pays the value of the specified rent for the residential or commercial unit to the owner on the agreed date,
- He shall deliver the residential or commercial unit in the event of the expiry of the contract term in the same condition that he received it from the owner.
- Landlord’s obligations: The landlord must pay the value of the periodic maintenance expenses of the unit and the property in full. In the event that the property or unit is transferred to a new owner, the tenant’s contract does not change and remains as it is. According to Article VI of the Standard Tenancy Contract
- Evacuation of the Unit: According to Article 12 of the Standard Tenancy Contract, a residential or commercial unit must be vacated in the following cases:
- When the tenant is late in paying the rent within a month after being notified of the date of the due payment.
- Non-compliance of the tenant with the terms of the contract throughout the term of the contract.
- In the event that the tenant uses the leased unit to carry out unethical acts.
- If the tenant uses the leased unit for a purpose other than what is written in the contract.
- If the tenant causes damage to the property or housing unit.
- If the tenant uses the rented unit in violation of the building and organization regulations.
- Expiry of the contract: The contract ends in accordance with Article 8 of the standard tenancy contract in these cases:
- If the property fell or was in a state of collapse, and this was proven by a report submitted by an official accredited authority.
- If the state owns the property, then the contract is terminated.
- In the event of a government decision to violate building regulations.
The terms of the lease contract in Saudi Arabia are as follows:
- Clarify the type of contract, its date and place of contract.
- Detailed information and data about both the lessor and the lessee.
- A representative of the tenant or real estate broker.
- Clarify the specifications, type and number of the property to be rented.
- An explanation of what the property will be used for.
- The total rental value (monthly – yearly), the number of payments, the value of the periodic rent payment and the last rent payment. and the amount of the guarantee.
- Write all the details of the monthly fee for electricity, water, gas and parking.
- Clarify the financial value of the total contract value.
lease agreement form
Ejar Network has developed a unified lease contract format for all parts of the Kingdom in both Arabic and English, and you can download it through the following download links:
- Lease form in Arabic: You can download the standard lease agreement in Arabic in PDF format “from here”.
- English Tenancy Form: You can download the Standard Tenancy Contract in English in PDF format “from here”.
How do I make an electronic rental contract in Saudi Arabia
How to register in the rental program
If you are a new user, you can follow these steps to register for the rental program:
- Entering the rental site “from here”.
- Click on e-services.
- Choose a rental network.
- The registration page will appear, click on new user.
- Register your data:
- Identification Number.
- Mobile number.
- date of birth.
- Family book number.
- Telephone number
- A text message with the password will be sent.
- Write down the numbers sent to the phone to complete the registration.
Log in to the rental program
You can log in to your account in the rental program as follows:
- Go to the login page directly “from here”.
- Enter the username.
- Write down the password.
- Click on Sign in.
How do I view the lease contract?
You can make an electronic rental contract that guarantees the rights of all parties to the rental process, by following the following steps:
- Entering the rental network “from here”.
- Log in to your account.
- Click on the lease agreement icon.
- Choosing to register the contract, including choosing express registration.
- Determine the type of contract, among the following:
- Ordinary contract, meaning that the lessor or the principal is the first beneficiary.
- A subcontract, meaning that the principal is the second beneficiary.
- Verify the information of the tenant.
- Choose the title deed and determine the type of property.
- Enter all building information and unit type, then press add.
- Writing the required contract data and accompanying persons in the rental unit.
- Click on Add and select the rental payment details.
- Press send.
- Entering the Absher portal and accepting the lease agreement.
- It is worth noting that the contract will be sent for authentication in the Absher system, and a message will appear stating that the registration has been successfully completed, and the lessor will then complete the registration process through his account on the “Absher” platform.
Steps to make an electronic rental contract through the Absher 1443 system
The Absher platform allows you to make an electronic rental contract through it, by following the following steps:
- Entering the Absher platform website “from here”.
- Click on the rental network home page.
- Login data registration.
- Click on the lease agreement on the home page.
- Click to register a new lease agreement.
- Write down the tenant’s data after making sure that they are correct.
- Clarify the property data contained in the contract.
- Writing contract data.
- Clarify the method of payment and the appropriate payment system.
- Adding the annual rent to the property and adding the value of the monthly services amount of water, gas and electricity.
- Click on Agree to authenticate the contract.
- Press (Yes) to confirm sending the contract.
How to inquire about a rental application
The steps for inquiring about a rent request through the website of the Saudi Ministry of Housing are as follows:
- Log in to the official website of the Ministry of Housing “from here”.
- Choose e-services.
- Click on query status.
- Enter the required data:
- order number.
- National Identification Number.
- date of birth.
- Verification code.
- Click on “View”.
Documentation of the rental contract electronically 1443
The concerned authorities are keen to save time and effort for their citizens and residents, as it allows documenting a rental contract electronically through legal methods, and this step comes after the landlord has completed the process of conducting the electronic contract through a rental platform, after which the tenant obtains all his rights related to the rented housing.
Steps to document an electronic rental contract through the Absher 1443 system
The steps for documenting an electronic rental contract are done through the Absher system, through the following steps:
- Entering the Absher electronic platform “from here”.
- Log in to Absher Individuals.
- Click on e-services.
- Move to the population.
- Click on notarizing a rental contract.
- Click Continue to the next page.
- View all rental contract data, then press Agree.
- Click on cancel or reject, if you wish to amend the contract or withdraw.
- Click Confirm.
- Wait until a message appears after completing the registration that the request is accepted, and wait until the request is approved by the tenant.
Login to the rental program 1443 and the method of documenting rental contracts
Steps to document an electronic rental contract, the Sakani platform
- Entering the rental platform through this link “from here”.
- sign in.
- Click on a lease agreement. Then register a lease.
- Verify the identity of the tenant by entering:
- Identification Number.
- ID type
- date of birth. Then click Verify.
- Choosing the property and rental unit.
- Enter the contract term and other required data.
- Adding escorts in the rental unit.
- Determine the value of rent and public services, then click Next.
- A message will appear to confirm registration in the lease agreement.
- Press “Yes”.
- Both the lessor and the lessee shall enter the Absher platform “from here”.
- Click on e-services.
- Click on e-services.
- Click on “Documentation of Tenancy Contracts”.
- Read the details, then click “Continue”.
- Click on “Accept” after verifying that the data is correct.
- The contract documentation data will appear, click on “Confirm”.
- Both the landlord and tenant will receive text messages that “The Standard Tenancy Contract has been successfully documented”.
Fees for documenting the rental contract in Saudi Arabia
The fees for documenting the electronic rental contract are, one hundred and twenty-five Saudi riyals for each real estate unit that is rented, which the landlord pays. As for the tenant, he does not incur any fees in the documentation process, as the competent authorities in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia obliged the landlord to pay all fees due before documenting the contract in Absher platform.
How to print an electronic lease contract for the landlord or tenant
Both the lessor and the lessee can print the lease contract to keep it as a title deed of the leased property, by following the following steps:
- Log in to the rental network “from here.
- Log in to your account.
- Choose a lease contract, including a list of lease contracts.
- A list of all active or expired contracts will appear.
- Choose the contract you want to print from the list, and press the Show icon.
- Click on the “Download Contract” icon.
- The contract will be printed in pdf format and kept.
Unilateral cancellation of a lease
Ejar Network provides the service of canceling the documented contract when there is a judicial order from the execution court to evict the property from the tenant, where the property owner, or his representative can submit an electronic request to cancel the contract, and attach the required data and documents in full, and Ejar Network will verify the request and its attachments, in preparation for cancellation The contract in the network, then notify the two parties to the contract, and this service will be applied to all residential and commercial contracts, except for contracts related to sub-leasing contracts, and this service requires the following procedures:
- Execution order to vacate the property.
- judicial decision.
- Announcement of the execution of the eviction of the property.
- A legal representation document in case the official owner is not present.
- Attach a copy of the legal representation document in case the applicant is a representative of the owner.
How to cancel a lease contract unilaterally
The contracting parties can cancel the lease contract after agreeing to cancel the contract through the following steps:
- Log in to rent “from here”.
- Perform the required verification.
- Pressure on contracts.
- Select all contracts from the dropdown list.
- Click on the options icon next to the contract you want to cancel.
- Click on End Contract from the menu.
- Click Next.
- Enter the required information.
- Follow the instructions that appear on the screen.
- Click Confirm Termination Request.
When does the lease agreement between the landlord and tenant expire?
The lease contract ends and the rights and obligations of both parties are settled, according to Article Twenty-first, in the following cases:
- Expiry of the agreed contract term.
- The death of the tenant or investor, and the heirs do not want to continue the contract.
Read also: Does the owner have the right to evict the tenant in Saudi Arabia
Is it permissible for the tenant to modify the property or the leased property?
The tenant may make some modifications to the leased property at his own expense, provided that he obtains the written consent of the landlord and an undertaking not to expose the property to damage, with an explanation of keeping or removing these modifications after the expiry of the contract term by the tenant to the landlord.
Download the rental application
The Saudi Ministry of Housing has launched a rental application, which allows the possibility of examining rental contracts for housing units, knowing the rental prices of housing units in the Kingdom, and the application can be downloaded as follows:
- Android devices: “From here.”
- iPhones: “From here.”
How to contact the rental program
The rental network offers many different ways of communication, which are as follows:
- Phone number: 920020035.
- Twitter platform: “From here.”
- Contact form with the rental program: “From here”, fill in the data shown below:
- The sender’s name.
- The attribute of the sender.
- contact number.
- message type.
- Message Subject.
- Add attachments.
- Write a human verification code.
- Click Submit.
You can go to the Ejar program link directly “from here” and register a new account, or log in to be able to conclude and approve contracts electronically, and benefit from all the electronic services on the Ejar Network website.
In conclusion, we have answered the question of how the lease contract was viewed, and we also talked in detail about the standard lease contract, and how to document the contract through the rental platform and the Absher platform, and we talked about the definition of the request to cancel the contract unilaterally, how to cancel it, and the requirements of this service, We moved to explain the ways to communicate with the rental program, and concluded with a link to the rental program to benefit from all the electronic services provided by the platform.