Falcon names and their meanings. Falconry breeders often resort to searching for the best types of falcons that can be acquired and tamed and then taught to hunt. Therefore, falconers usually resort to searching for the features that each falcon has and is distinguished from others, to select the best and appropriate type for his hobbies. In hunting, and on the basis of these data, the reference site will provide you with the common names of the falcon in our Arab countries, and the appropriate and adapted qualities for living in hot and desert climates.
What are hawks?
Whoever presented history used falcons as a symbol of pride and honor. Falcons were known for the first time thirty centuries ago in the countries of China and East Asia. The Fifth Abbasid Caliph Harun al-Rashid is considered the first to enact the idea of guiding and raising falcons, which the Arabs inherited from generation to generation and developed the hobby of raising falcons. Which today has become one of the favorite hobbies in Arab countries, especially in the Arab Gulf region, and some countries have also become specializing sports clubs for breeding and rehabilitating falcons. Which makes it able to notice any movement of prey while flying at high altitudes.
The strong claws of the hawk and its sharp, dagger-like beak as a result of its hook, make it difficult to escape the prey from the grip of the falcon, which is characterized by streamlined sizes ranging from (12 to 24) inches. And maneuvering during the chase, and it is mentioned that the maximum lifespan of the falcon is 20 years, and the average ages of all kinds of falcons range from (7-12) years, and the speed of the swoop in general reaches 300 km/hour, taking into account some differences according to the type, age and experience of the falcon. .
Saudi Falcons and Hunting Exhibition 2021 Twitter
Falcon names and their meanings
There are several types of Arab falcons known in our Arab countries, but the types used in hunting and hunting are limited to the following:
- Saqr al-Hur: Free is the free, and it is said about a thing that it is free as an adjective, meaning that it is pure, evidence and a metaphor for authenticity, as if we say free gold, which means pure gold.
- Peregrine falcon: The peregrine falcon is a bird of prey from the hawk family.
- Lime falcon: Lime came from the lime rock, which is characterized by hardness and strength, and it is called steel rock because of its strong hardness.
- Falcon Al-Wakry: The den means the bird’s nest or its house in which it lays eggs and spawns, regardless of the location of the den. A perpetrator has been stalked.
- Saqr Al-Baz: Al-Baz is the dominant one who takes the rights of others by coercion openly and in secret without any right.
How to register in the Saudi Falcons Club 1443
The names of falcons used in the Arab Gulf countries
Hunting enthusiasts in the Arab Gulf states use specific types of falcons. Falcons are not of the same or fixed specifications. Falcons may differ in general in terms of size, shape, ability to tame and learn to hunt. The most prominent types of these falcons are:
It was called the free bird because it is the only bird that does not live on carrion, and has free and courageous qualities that distinguish it from its kind.
- The high speed of the launch, its launch speed may reach about 300 km / h.
- High ability to withstand long distance flight.
- Adaptation to the high temperatures prevailing in the Arabian Peninsula.
- Of the birds that carry in the nature of loyalty and love of the companion and vinegar.
- Patience with food for long periods, without affecting his resolve to hunt.
- The bird is considered the most beautiful among the hawks, as the free bird comes first in terms of aesthetics.
- Its length is about 47 cm – 57 cm, which is equivalent to (14-16) inches, and its wingspan may reach about one and a half meters when it is extended.
- The females of the free bird are relatively larger than the males.
- The female free bird lays 3-6 eggs in each cycle.
- Chicks range between (rare – lizzi – taba – makour).
- The free bird has several types, which are: (the pure – the Shami – the Persian – the Jarudi – the white).
- The free bird in general is available in several colors (white – black – red – green – adham – blond).
- The Saker Falcon is native to Syria from the Levant and some European countries.
What is the fastest animal in the world?
Al-Shaheen is one of the names of the falcon that denotes the unity of temperament and strength of structure with the severity of the ferocity in hunting. The Arabs used to call their children the name Al-Shaheen to denote the might and strength. The following are the most prominent characteristics of the Shaheen:
- Peregrine falcon has a very high speed, but it does not reach the stamina of the existing free bird.
- It can be raised easily, as it is voracious for food and does not tolerate hunger very much.
- Its nature is strong anger and aversion.
- The color of the peregrine falcon is wavy, it is on the back to the wings, graduated from bluish-black to gray or what is known as slate, with dark streaks of little clarity, while the edges of the wings are black, with a white mottled belly.
- The body length of the peregrine falcon ranges between 34-50 centimeters, equivalent to (13-20 inches), and its wingspan ranges between 80-120 centimeters (31-47 inches).
- Females are larger than males, by up to 30%, the weight of the male ranges between (440-750 grams), and it is called the taba, while the female may weigh up to 900 grams.
- The female lays (3-4) eggs, and the chicks range between the following types: (rare – cicada – makhoura – taba).
- It has a lot, but the most famous of the following are the nine types (roaming – Caledonian – Japanese – long-legged – dark-bellied – Shahinism – abdominal – Babylonian – tundra – in addition to many types, but these are the most famous).
- Today, Al-Shaheen gatherings are spread within major cities, the most important of which are (London – Brisbane – Ontario – Cologne – Derby – Cairo – Dubai – Abu Dhabi – in addition to many cities of the United States of America).
falcon of lime
The Gyr Falcon has completely different characteristics from the previous falcons of prey, and the following are its most prominent features:
- The lime is a royal falcon that was previously gifted to kings.
- The speed of the falcon of lime varies according to its flight status. In pounce, its maximum speed is 389 km / h, while the normal flight speed is 209 km / h.
- Its ability to adapt to heat is very poor, being of Siberian polar origin in very cold regions, but its ability to resist diseases is great compared to other hawks.
- Its numbers are very few and it is threatened with extinction. The number of wild hawks does not exceed 5,000, including 5,000 falcons.
- The peregrine falcon is a fierce and powerful bird.
- It is predominantly white, but there are other colors such as (black – brown – gray)
- It is considered one of the largest types of hawks, and its length ranges between (48 cm – 61 cm), equivalent to (18-24) inches, and as usual, females are larger than males.
- The weight of the male Jubeir ranges between (805 – 1350) grams, and the female’s weight ranges between (1180 – 2100) grams.
- The female falcon of lime lays from (1 – 5) eggs, according to the size and age of the female.
- All types of free lime falcon fall under the classification of “Gyrfalcon”, but they differ from each other in terms of colors, as there are white, black, brown and gray limes.
- Lime hawks spread in the polar regions of the North American continent, the cold regions of Europe, Asia, Greenland and Iceland. It is noteworthy that the lime prefers to live in rugged and high mountains that are difficult to reach.
One of the favorite types of falconers is the wakri falcon, because of its standard specifications preferred by falcon holders, which are as follows:
- The reason why these falcons are called falcons (Wari Harar), is because they resulted from a cross between the Saker Falcon and the Waker Falcon.
- Its speed is lower than the aforementioned species (Al-Hurr – Al-Shaheen – Al-Jaer), but not by much.
- Third in order of importance to falconry.
- Its ability to withstand heat and hunger is good, it is an African-origin creature that is heat acclimatized.
- Its size is much smaller than the rest of the types of falcons that are used in hunting, so it is of little possession for the falconers of the Arabian Gulf.
- Wakers have a red head, dark-colored plumage, slender toes, and straight, small paws.
- Wokari is a medium-sized bird, weighing up to 610 grams.
- The length of the wakri falcon is from 35-50 cm, and the size of the female is larger.
- Females lay (1-4) eggs, at a rate of (5-13) eggs annually.
- The wakri falcon has two main types, namely (the wakri falcon of blue color, which is the common and most widespread color – the wakri falcon of brown color, which is the least common and its size is close to blue).
- The wakri falcon is spread in the continent of Africa, the Arabian Peninsula, the countries of Iraq and Pakistan, and the best wakri falcons are the species found in Sudan.
What are the types of animals?
It is one of the few falcons used for hunting in the Arab countries, due to its scarcity and difficulty in training. We note that Europeans are more interested in raising the goshawd falcon than the Arabs, and some falconers do not consider it to be a falcon, but a buzzard. The following are its most prominent features:
- The reason for its name is unknown, and it is called in Arab countries Al-Bashiq or Asbro.
- The swoop speed of the bass is up to 240 km/h.
- Its ability to withstand heat is weak compared to other species except for the lime falcon.
- It is a diurnal bird because it does not hunt its prey except in broad daylight.
- It has several colors depending on the environment in which it is spread, it is white, black, red and iron.
- The length of the goose is between (55 – 61) centimeters, and females may reach twice the size of the male.
- The weight of the goose ranges between (850-1400) grams.
- The female goshawk lays 3-5 eggs annually.
- The goshawk hawk has several types (red-tailed goshawk, big black goshawk, white goshawk, iron goshawk, short-tailed goshawk, and white-tailed goshawk).
- The goshawk is widespread in parts of Europe, central Asia, and northern Africa, and is also found in parts of North America.
What is the difference between a hawk and an eagle?
Stages of training falcons to hunt
Training falcons to hunt requires patience and anticipation of failure, and repetition of training, especially with the various names of the falcon, will inevitably bring the desired result. For training in hunting, the following steps are taken:
- Fading: It is intended to make the falcon gain peace of mind, and it is represented by accustoming the falcon to the person by making him stand on the hand with his eyes covered with a burqa. Beginning with being captured, the hand must also be placed on the face of the falcon and quietly withdrawn, “teasing.” He loves it in the ears of the falcon for a period of no less than ten days.
- Al-Tankes: The falcon market is tied to the falcon market with a tight rope of up to 20 meters in length, and the other end is fixed with a weight that the falcon cannot fly, then two people stand facing each other and the first of them is the falcon with the names or whistling used in the first stage, and feeds it from the meat in its possession. Then he hides it from him in order for the other to call him and feed him with meat, then he hides it, then the first one calls him, and so on, until the falcon gets used to the falconer without looking into his eyes.
- Education: It is meant to teach the falcon to hunt prey, which must be at the beginning of it as a sire, i.e. with a broken wing, because the falcon is usually afraid of exotic birds, especially the Houbara.
- The threat: It is the last stage that the falconer eagerly awaits. During the season of bird migration, falconers go to the grassy and water-rich areas, where the Houbara is the most attractive bird for falconers. The hunting season often extends between November and March of each year. And in the stages of hunting, it should be noted that the falcon must be starved and given bites and exclusively before sunset, as the early morning period is the best hunting hours.
Does the falcon have a backbone?
With this amount of information, we have come and you to the conclusion of our research topic, which was entitled the names of the falcon and their meanings. Through its paragraphs, we got acquainted with the most prominent types of falcons available in the Arabian Gulf region, which are acquired by lovers of hunting sports, and we also got to know the smallest details that distinguish The common types of falcons separated from each other, and we learned the best methods used in hunting and breeding falcons.